Closed cell foam is an excellent piece of the puzzle to achieve your vehicle sound insulation goals. OverKill is the lightweight version flexible, vinyl infused closed cell foam. At 1/8” thick, it’s designed to fit into tighter spaces than our thicker OverKill Pro product, and is great for car door insulation under the plastic door panel. Closed cell foam sheets will do some work absorbing low-frequency sound waves, but OverKill really shines as a decoupler. Use OverKill to prevent any two hard surfaces from hitting each other.
- 1/8” thick vinyl infused closed cell foam
- Highly water resistant
- Adds some thermal insulation (r-value per inch: 4.33)
- Decouple inside panels to create pressure, preventing rattles and squeaks
- Each sheet is 24” x 54” (9 Sq Ft)
- Weight = 0.06 pounds per square foot
- Service temperature range: -40 F to 165 F (intermittent to 200 F)
- Made in the USA
- Apply using our Contact Spray Adhesive (1 can per 4 sheets) or Super Strong Double Sided Tape.
- OverKill should not be your primary noise blocker. It is an excellent decoupler and will absorb some low frequency sound waves, but closed cell foam does not have enough mass to effectively block sound and its closed cells mean it doesn't absorb sound well. Use it as a decoupler with our Luxury Liner MLV or under your vehicle's plastic paneling.
- To stop rattling panels, cut OverKill to fit and squeeze it into the gap to create a cushion for the plastic panel.
Recommended Install Locations
- Doors - outer and inner door skin
- Floor - decouple MLV from the front firewall all the way back to the rear deck seat wall
- Firewall - decouple MLV on the cabin side
- Trunk - decouple MLV along the floor and walls
- Roof - decouple ceiling from the head liner
- Decouple any plastic paneling from the A, B, and C pillars to your cup holders
OverKill Install Guide