Foam products are an excellent supplement to any vehicle sound insulation project. OverKill Pro is the thicker version of our flexible, rubber infused closed cell foam. Closed cell foams will do some work absorbing low-frequency sound waves and reducing distortions caused by sound waves in the door panel, but that's not what they are best at. OverKill Pro is an excellent decoupling material, and is often used to stop rattling panels or preventing other hard surfaces from smacking into each other. Install it anywhere you have rattling plastic, like the door panel, side panels, or even under cupholders.
- 3/8” thick rubber infused closed cell foam
- Highly water resistant
- Adds substantial thermal insulation (closed cell foam R-value per inch: 4.33)
- Excellent decoupler to combine with Luxury Liner or install between rattling panels
- Each sheet is 24” x 54” (9 Sq Ft)
- Weight = 0.15 pounds per square foot
- Service temperature range: -40°F to 165°F (intermittent to 200°F)
- Comes with peel and stick backing or you can choose your own adhesive
- Made in the USA
- If getting the version of OverKill Pro without a PSA, use our Contact Spray Adhesive (1 can per 4 sheets) or Super Strong Double Sided Tape.
- OverKill Pro should not be your primary noise blocker. It is an excellent decoupler and will absorb some low frequency sound waves, but closed cell foam does not have enough mass to effectively block sound and its closed cells mean it doesn't absorb sound well. Use it as a decoupler with our Luxury Liner MLV or under your vehicle's plastic paneling.
- To stop rattling panels, cut OverKill Pro to fit and squeeze it into the gap to create a cushion for the plastic panel.
- Install under rattling equipment to decouple from the floor
- Wrap vibrating pipes to decouple from surrounding surfaces
Recommended Install Locations
- Doors - outer and inner door skin
- Floor - decouple MLV from the front firewall all the way back to the rear deck seat wall
- Firewall - decouple MLV on the cabin side
- Trunk - decouple MLV along the floor and walls
- Roof - add thermal insulation and decouple ceiling from the head liner
- Decouple any plastic paneling from the A, B, and C pillars to your cup holders
OverKill Pro Install Guide