Sound Lock Door Seal Kits
A standard door can have as much as one square foot of airspace around the edges. Imagine if you had a 12" x 12" hole in your wall! It wouldn't block very much noise, would it? The Sound Lock Door Seal Kit is the durable and effective solution to turn a solid-core door into a soundproof door.
- Seal airspace around a door to reduce sound transmission through door units
- Adds up to 20 STC points (max: STC 51)
- Durable, anodized aluminum casing with a soft, neoprene rubber seal
- Each kit includes 3 adjustable jamb seals and an adjustable bottom seal
- Economical alternative to the Sound Lock Soundproof Door
- The bottom seal and jamb seals are adjustable to allow for an airtight fit on any standard door
Sound Lock Door Seal Kits - Standard
- The standard kit is appropriate for most door soundproofing projects.
- Adjustable Jamb Seals: 1/2" thick, 1-5/16" wide
- Bottom Seal: 17/32" thick, 2-5/32" wide
Sound Lock Door Seal Kits - Heavy Duty
- The heavy duty kit features thicker metal and should be used for high traffic or industrial projects.
- Adjustable Jamb Seals: 7/8" thick, 2-5/16" wide
- Bottom Seal: 7/8" thick, 2-5/16" wide
How Soundproof Will My Door Be with the Sound Lock Door Seal Kit?
| Type of Door || Est STC Rating || Advice From Second Skin Experts |
| Hollow Core or Foam Filled Door || STC 20 to 35 || Upgrade to a solid core door before soundproofing |
| Solid Core Door ||STC 38 to 51 || Get the heaviest door that matches your budget/aesthetics |
| Sound Lock Soundproof Door ||STC 56 || Interior wood door that maxes out performance and can be customized to fit your needs |
| Two Doors Back to Back ||STC 60+ ||Two sealed doors back-to-back will soundproof what one door alone cannot |
- Turn any solid-core door into a soundproof door (up to STC 51) by sealing the airspace at the perimeter and below the door.
- Soundproofing the door is key whenever sound proofing a room. The doors are the weakest point in most walls soundproofing, and must be considered.
- For exterior noises, combine a door seal kit with a soundproof window like our soundproof window inserts to keep your home office or bedroom quiet.
- Homes, apartments, soundproof double doors, offices, schools, classrooms, manufacturing plans, soundproof bathroom door, warehouses, community centers, home studios
How to Measure Your Door
- Open the door.
- Measure the distance from the floor to the top of the door frame. Write it down.
- Measure the width of the door frame across the top frame. Write it down.
- Double check your measurements to ensure you get the correct sized kit. The bottom seal should only be cut a maximum of 2".
- Sound Lock Door Seal kits should not be used on a hollow-core doors
- For carpet applications, a flat smooth threshold (not included) should be used.
- Recommended 1-1/2" of flat space on the door jambs to install the jamb seals.
- The ideal bottom seal height off the floor is 3/8", but no more than 1/2".
- Download our Sound Lock Door Seal Install Guide PDF
Contact us if you have questions!