Does your newly restored vehicle send heat through the firewall and floorboards once the engine gets going? Keep engine and exhaust heat away from the vehicle’s cabin with a quality heat shield. Thermal Block is our easy to use radiant heat barrier that can withstand up to 800 F. Composed of highly reflective foil and organic fibers, just face the foil side towards any heat source to redirect radiant heat.
- Highly reflective aluminum surface designed to face a heat source
- Each sheet is 1/4” thick and 24” x 36” (6 Sq Ft)
- Weight: 0.175 pounds per square foot
- Reflects 98% of radiant heat
- Withstands up to 800 F
- Treated for water, solvent, mildew, gas/oil, coolant, engine fluid, and flame resistance
- Made in the USA
- Quick fix for automotive thermal hot spots such as the fuel tank, fuel line, brake line, spare tire, and underbody heat shields.
- Always face Thermal Block’s aluminum side towards the heat source. This product will not be effective inside your car’s cabin.
- Allow space for air flow. At least 2 inches is required, but more airflow will improve your heat control.
- Thermal Block can be installed on top of Damplifier Pro vibration mats.
- Make sure you prepare the surface to remove oils, dirt, dust, and grease. Just peel and stick. We recommend an outside temperature of at least at 65 F to ensure adhesive works properly.
Recommended Install Locations
- Firewall - engine side
- Hood - entire lid
- Back seat wall - for cars with engines in the back
- Should be applied anywhere there is a heat source, facing the heat.