The Second Skin Radiant Shield is an extremely flexible thermal reflective barrier designed for easy-to-install heat protection. Protect painted surfaces, plastic parts, and other components from radiant heat. The Radiant Shield is an extremely effective addition to metal heat shielding or as a standalone car heat shield for the undercarriage or engine compartment. Very simple to peel and stick onto any surface or to wrap around curved surfaces like a hose or a wire.
- Flexible, aluminum foil faced fiberglass fabric with adhesive backing
- Radiant heat shield reflects 98% of radiant heat and is temperature rated from -40°F to 1000°F
- High-heat acrylic adhesive temperature rated from -40°F to 400°F (intermittent to 450°F)
- Chemical resistant, temperature resistant, and flame resistant
- Each sheet is 0.02” thick and 1' x 2' (2 sq ft)
- Weight: 0.083 pounds per square foot
- Made in the USA
- Cuts with scissors
- The reinforced foil should be placed on top of the material you want to protect with the foil facing the heat source.
- Clean the application surface with denatured alcohol to remove any grease, oil, and other particles.
- Adhesive backing is excellent for metal and high energy plastics. Can also be installed with rivets and a washer in extreme heat situations. Simple adhesive backed magnets can be used in a low-temperature install where you may want to remove the material later.
- Install on top of any material with a lower temperature rating that you want to protect from radiant heat, such as closed cell foam or MLV.
- Keep at least 2" of clearance from the heat source. We recommend taping up edges with foil insulation tape.
- For thicker materials that include an insulating backing, check out Mega Block or Thermal Block.
Automotive Install Locations
- Transmission and exhaust tunnel
- Cold air intake pipe, air intake manifold, or a cold air intake heat shield
- Fuel tank and other spot undercarriage treatments
- Under the seat of a motorcycle
- Wrapping hoses and wires