Acoustic Sealant Caulk
- Latex-based, permanently flexible acrylic polymer used to seal gaps and improve sound ratings
- Improve STC ratings in wall constructions
- Adheres to wood, metal, concrete, gypsum board, and most other building substrates
- Environmentally safe formula packaged in post-consumer recycled material
- Size: 28oz tube
- Color: White
- Weight/Gallon: 12.8 lbs
- Application temperature range: 40°F to 100°F
- Working time: 10-15 minutes
- Shelf life: 2 years
- Acoustical sealant is absolutely key for almost any architectural soundproofing project. Learn more about how to soundproof a room.
- Around any penetrations or cutouts in gypsum board
- Make walls soundproof and soundproof a ceiling by sealing around the perimeter (unsealed residential wall STC rating 30-32; sealed residential wall STC rating up to 38)
- Around cutouts or gaps in acoustic underlayment laid under flooring
- Repair cracks and seal gaps in rattling drywall and plaster
- Anywhere you have a seam that needs to be sealed
- Apply to dry, clean surfaces that are free of grease and oils
- Cartridge applied with a caulk gun
- Coverage depends on size of the bead. 1/8" bead (350 ft), 1/4" bead (88 ft), 3/8" bead (35 ft)
- Clean with water while the caulk is wet. Scrape off dried caulk with a putty knife.
- Do not apply outside if rain is expected within 12 hours. Not intended for underwater use.