Damplifier™ Sound Deadening Mat
Damplifier sound deadening mats were designed to be the highest performing sound dampening material relative to weight added to a vehicle. With premium butyl rubber, a thicker foil constraint layer, and comparable overall thickness to other top brands’ flagship product, Damplifier premium butyl mats are the best value on the market.
- High temperature butyl rubber adhesive – insist on more rubber and less filler!
- Ultra-thick, annealed black foil with a ghosted logo
- 1mm total thickness (40 mils)
- Each sheet is 12” x 24” (2 sq ft) and weighs about 0.35 lbs / sq ft
- Thermal range: -75 F to 450 F – will not melt, out gas, or fall off
- NEVER USES cheap filler materials, asphalt, flimsy foil, and other shortcuts that hurt product performance
- Guaranteed adhesion to metal for the LIFE of your vehicle
- Proudly made in the USA
|| 12" x 24" (2 sq ft)
|| 1mm (40mils)
|| 0.35 lbs per sq ft
| Foil Constraint Layer
|| Black, annealed foil w/ ghosted logo
| Max Temperature Rating
| Apply To
|| Metal or fiberglass
| Tested Properties
|| Testing Method
| Fire Rating
|| Self Extinguishing
| Salt Spray Aging
|| ASTM B117 (250 hours)
| Heat Aging
|| 190°F (250 hours)
| Humidity Aging
|| 100°F/100RH (250 hours)
| Environmental Cycle Aging
|| 250 hours
| Sag Test
|| 400°F (4 hours)
|| No Movement
| Cold Slam Test (Ford Motors)
|| -40°F (4 hours)
|| Pass (6 slams)
- Remove plastic panels, upholstery, and insulation to expose bare sheet metal.
- Remove debris, rust, and waxy oils. Clean surface with denatured alcohol (NOT a degreaser).
- Cut sound deadening material using a utility knife - either freehand or using a template. We recommend wearing gloves.
- Remove wax paper backing. Stick tacky butyl adhesive to metal surface.
- Use a Wooden Hand Roller to roll out any air pockets and create a permanent bond. A better bond further increases performance.
- Combine with a second layer like Luxury Liner Pro for unmatched car sound proofing. Luxury Liner Pro is our best automotive sound blocking material.
For more pro tips, check out our article on how to apply sound deadening, our Video Library, or the Damplifier Install Guide.
Common Product Uses
- Damplifier is our preferred sound deadening mat when weight or cost are a concern. It provided unmatched vibration damping per pound of weight added.
- Automotive: commercial automotive, van conversions, high performance vehicles, electric vehicles
- Residential: generator boxes, computer tower walls, screen doors, dishwasher enclosures, or a quiet stainless steel kitchen sink
- Commercial/Industrial: robotics equipment and other machinery, metal furniture, coin counting machines, HVAC ducts and units, metal carts in warehouses and hospitals, military applications