HusHVAC™ Natural Fiber Liner
- Recycled, natural cotton fibers provide excellent acoustic and thermal performance
- Absorb sound in HVAC ducts to reduce sound traveling between rooms
- Cost-effective solution for sound absorption in large rooms ("blackout" ceiling) instead of acoustical panels
- Lightweight, flexible, and no-itch
- Compliant with fire safety standards (NFPA 90A, NFPA 90B) and building codes (ICBO, BOCA, CABO, SBCCI)
- R-Value per inch: 4.0
- Class A Fire Rated
- Proudly made in the USA
** For orders that are not in standard sizes, we will measure and cut the roll with a utility knife. **
- Line HVAC ducts with acoustical liner to absorb unwanted noise and reduce heat gain/loss
- If you do not have full access to the HVAC duct, installing HushVAC liner as far down as your arm can reach in each duct will still reduce noise by at least several decibels. If additional sound reduction is needed, contact us for details on how to build a baffle.
- Roll HusHVAC liner out onto a ceiling in a large room for a "blackout" look that blends well and adds excellent sound absorption (gyms, churches, bars, nightclubs)
HVAC Installation Instructions
- Choose the correct thickness! If the liner is too thick, acoustics material will impede airflow. Small ducts (less than 10") should use the 1/2" thick HusHVAC. Larger ducts (12" x 12" or more) should use the 1" thick version. Commercial ducts (18" x 18" or more) use the 2" thickness.
- For additional sound absorption, oversize your ducts (no more than 30%) to allow space for a thicker liner.
- Install the HusHVAC acoustic liner with the cotton side facing the inside wall of the duct. The black liner faces out towards where air is flowing. The facing protects the absorptive cotton fibers from airflow.
- Recommended Adhesive: 3M Super 77 or equivalent
For non-duct applications, always install HusHVAC liner with the black finish facing outwards.
Contact us if you have questions!
Noise Reduction Coefficient
| Frequency (Hz)
| 1/2" HusHVAC™ Liner
| 1" HusHVAC™ Liner